With Valentine’s Day coming soon, I decided to create a series of fun and engaging Valentine’s Day printables. This one is a Valentine’s Day number matching game.
It’s a sweet, little math game which focuses on counting.
Your little ones will have to count the white hearts on one side of the red heart to be able to match them to the correct number on the other side.
Other Valentine’s Day Printables in the series which you may want to check out:
- Valentine’s Day Color Matching Game
- Valentine’s Day I Spy Game
- Valentine’s Day CVC Words Game
- Valentine’s Day Matching Game For Toddlers
What Math Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When playing this number matching game, your children will have the chance to practice and develop some early math skills such as:
- Counting skills – they’ll have to count the hearts carefully to ensure they are matching them up with the correct number
- Number recognition – they’ll need to be able to recognize the numbers to match them up correctly (you may want to keep one set whole to use as flash cards for this)
- One to one correspondence – this is the ability to only touch and count an object of a set once.
This Valentine’s Day activity will also give them a chance to practice their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination as they’ll have to pick up one half and place them inline with the other half to successfully complete the heart.
How To Prepare This Valentine’s Day Number Matching Game
First you’re going to want to download the game by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Once you’ve downloaded the game, you’ll need to print them off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut them out. If you print off two sets you can use one as a pre-teach flash card set and the other for the game.
You can cut them out around the border to keep them as they are or you can cut out around the hearts to make them even more Valentinsey! There’s a line down the middle to show where you need to cut them in half.
Once they’re all cut out, I’d strongly advise laminating them to keep them nice.
After that you’re all done!
Let your kids practice their math skills in a fun Valentine’s Day way!
I hope your children enjoy practicing counting with these – be sure to check back in for more awesome educational printables.
If you want to make sure you don’t miss any, you can turn on notifications by clicking on the little bell in the bottom right corner.