Here’s a sweet little St Patrick’s Day number sequencing puzzle to add to your collection of math games and activities. Can your children use their knowledge of number order to help put it back together?
This game is easy to prepare (just print off and cut up) and can help your children develop those important number recognition and sequencing skills.
So why not grab this cute number puzzle and help nurture their little mathematical minds?
If you’re looking for ways to also help improve your little learner’s counting skills you may also want to check out these cool printable counting activities.
And here’s some more St Patrick’s Day Activities:
- St. Patrick’s Day Over the Rainbow Number Match Game
- Help the Leprechaun Find His Gold Coins – Counting Game
- St. Patrick’s Day I Spy Game
- Build-A-Leprechaun Printable
- St Patrick’s Day CVC Game
- St Patrick’s Day Number Tracing Page
- St Patrick’s Day Letter Tracing Pages
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
- Number recognition – the ability to recognize a number in its written form
- Number Sequencing – the ability to understand the sequence of numbers, and be able to put them in the correct order
- Fine motor skills – they will have to use a good pincer grip to pick up the puzzle pieces and place them in the right place
- Hand-eye coordination – to ensure they can move and line up the pieces
- Cutting and sticking – if you let them have a go at cutting them out and sticking the pieces to a blank piece of paper to make the puzzle
How To Prepare This St Patrick’s Day Number Sequencing Puzzle
This one’s pretty straight forward!
First you’re going to want to download this St Patrick’s Day Math Activity by clicking on the image at the bottom of the page.
I’ve made color and black and white versions so that you can save some ink if you want and so that your children can color in the puzzle as well!
Disclosure: Please bear in mind that as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you – this helps with running costs and makes this site possible.Thank you.
Once you’ve downloaded it, you’ll need to print it off onto paper or card.
Then you can cut out the strips (or let your little ones have a go!). There’s 10 strips for the numbers 1-10. Then just jumble them up and see if your children can put them back together to make the picture.
You could always get a plain piece of paper and get them to stick them on to that (a good way to practice those gluing skills).
I often laminate the pieces so that I can pull them out and use them again.
If you don’t have a laminator at home here’s an affordable and reliable one (definitely worth investing in if you plan to make a lot of printables!):
After that you’re all done!
Your children are ready to start developing their number recognition and ordering skills.
Grab the St Patrick’s Day Math Activity
You’ll need to sign up to receive the welcome email with your password, then head over to the printable library to grab whatever activities you’d like to do – there’s loads of crafts and educational printables!
To get access to this printable number puzzle as well as all the other printables I’ve created click on the image below:
I hope your children enjoy this number sequencing puzzle – be sure to check back in for more educational and free printables – you can browse all the other printables here.
Let’s nurture those neurons!
If your little ones enjoyed this then please share the love by sharing the post. And if you have any feedback or anything that you would like me to try to create give me a shout out in the comments below. Thanks!