Continuing with the Valentine’s Day printables and activities for kids, here’s a free I Spy Valentine’s Day printable.
For this Valentine’s Day game, your kids will need to have a great eye for detail and be able to count carefully.
You may also want to check out and download these other engaging Valentine’s Day printables:
- Valentine’s Day Number Matching Game
- Valentine’s Day Color Matching Game
- Valentine’s Day CVC Words Game
- Valentine’s Day Matching Game For Toddlers
What Skills Can Your Children Learn and Practice?
Here are a few of the skills that your little ones can learn and practice when playing this game.
- Visual Scanning – This is an important early reading skill. It is the ability to use their vision to search in a systematic way, from top to bottom or left to right. This skill also helps them move around without bumping in to things.
- Counting – They’ll have to count carefully if they want to ensure they get the correct answers.
- Practicing Number Formation – When they write how much of an item there is they’ll get a chance to practice their number formation. Try to gently correct them if they do it wrong. You may want to print off this Valentine’s Day game so they have some heart shaped numbers to use as a guide.
- Practicing Their Pencil Grip and Improving Pencil Control – Any time your child picks up a pen or pencil is a great chance to practice and develop these skills.
- Concentration and Perseverance – There’s a lot to spot here so your little ones will have to remain focused if they want to finish the game.
Related – to learn other ways to help strengthen your child’s mathematical mind why not check out 7 simple ways to develop preschool math skills.
How to Prepare This Valentine’s Day I Spy Game
Firstly go and download the Valentine’s Day printable by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Then print it off onto paper or card.
That’s it really – an easy one!
How Your Children Can Play This Valentine’s Day I Spy Game
You can play it the standard way, letting them practice their counting and visual scanning skills to see if they can successfully find all the Valentine’s Day themed objects.
But you could also get them to spot a specific object. For example, ‘circle the heart that is next to two roses’.
You could also flip it around so that they are describing things for you to find. This will be great for their language development as they’ll have to be really specific and use the correct prepositions if they want you to find the right one.
If you laminated a copy you’ll be able to play this again and again!
If your little ones haven’t got to the stage where they are able to write numbers yet you could always just get them to say them with you and practice counting together carefully.
Or you could print a second copy, and cut out several of the pictures and get them to match it to the correct one. This could actually be pretty tricky as the images are different sizes and may be rotated in different ways as well.
I hope your little learners enjoy this Valentine’s Day I Spy printable!
Grab the Valentine's Day I Spy Page
Click below to download this I spy printable:
You can also check out the other printables that are already available here.
If you and your little learners enjoyed this activity (or any of my other printables) then please leave a comment, spread the word and share using the buttons below!
Until next time,
Let’s nurture those neurons!