Spring has sprung, and what better way to celebrate than with a flower count and color worksheet to add to your collection of math activities?
This flower-themed worksheet is sure to brighten up your little learners’ day and spark their creativity as they count and color in the five different flowers just waiting to be brought to life with their artistic touch.
This preschool and kindergarten math worksheet is super easy to prepare and can help your children develop those important counting, number recognition and pencil skills.
And let’s face it, children love to count! It’s one of the main preschool math skills and an essential skill for them to develop!
So, why not grab some crayons, put on some cheerful music, and get ready for a blooming good time!
Some more floral learning:
- Fantastic Flower Letter Matching Game
- Flower Find and Color the Letters Worksheets
- Cut And Paste Flower Pattern Worksheet
- Fine Motor Flowers – A Printable Color Matching Game
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When using this counting worksheet, your children will have the chance to practice and develop skills such as:
- Counting skills – they’ll have to count the flowers carefully to ensure they are coloring the right amount
- Number recognition – they’ll need to be able to recognize the numbers to make sure they’re coloring the right amount
- One to one correspondence – this important skill (trickier than you may think) is the ability to only touch and count an object of a set once
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Crossing the mid-line – this is the ability to cross the imaginary line running down the center of your body – it means they won’t have to switch hands if they want to color on the other side of the page
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a full and fluid range of movement
How To Prepare This Spring Flower Count and Color Worksheet
This one’s pretty straight forward!
First you’re going to want to download and print the worksheet by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member today and get INSTANT access to all the awesome activities!
After that you’re all done!
Your children are ready to start developing their counting skills as they color those beautiful blooms!