It’s not long ’til the day when everything turns green – St. Patrick’s Day! With that in mind, I decided to create a series of fun St. Patrick’s Day printables. This one is a St. Patrick’s Day counting game.
It’s a cute, little number game to help your little ones develop their counting and number recognition skills.
Can your children help out the leprechaun by correctly counting the right amount of gold coins and putting them into his luck coin pot?
Other St. Patrick’s Day printables you may want to check out:
- Over The Rainbow St. Patrick’s Day Number Match Game
- St. Patrick’s Day I Spy Game
- Build-A-Leprechaun Craft
- St. Patrick’s Day CVC Words
What Math Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When playing this leprechaun counting game, your children will have the chance to practice and develop some early math skills such as:
- Counting skills – they’ll have to count the gold coins carefully to ensure they are finding the correct amount for the leprechaun
- Number recognition – they’ll need to be able to recognize the numbers to match them up correctly (you may want to keep one set whole to use as flash cards for this)
- One to one correspondence – this important skill (trickier than you may think) is the ability to only touch and count an object of a set once.
This St. Patrick’s Day activity will also give them a chance to practice their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination as they’ll have to pick up the leprechauns lucky gold coins and place them in his pot.
The game contains 10 large leprechaun cards (numbers 1-10) and plenty of lucky gold coins.
How To Prepare This St. Patrick’s Day Counting Game
First you’re going to want to download the game by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Once you’ve downloaded them, you’ll need to print them off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut them out.
I’ve made plenty of lucky gold coins but you can always print out that page a few times if you want more.
After that you’re all done!
Let your kids practice their math skills in a fun St. Patrick’s Day way!
I hope your children enjoy practicing counting with this game – be sure to check back in for more awesome educational printables.
If you want to make sure you don’t miss any, you can turn on notifications by clicking on the little bell in the bottom right corner.