Continuing with my St. Patrick’s Day series of fun and educational printables and activities for kids, here’s a St. Patrick’s Day I Spy game.
For this St. Patrick’s Day game, your kids will need to have a great eye for detail and be able to count carefully.
You may also want to check out and download these other awesome St. Patrick’s Day printables:
- St. Patrick’s Day Over the Rainbow Number Match Game
- Help the Leprechaun Find His Gold Coins – Counting Game
- St. Patrick’s Day CVC Words
- Build-A-Leprechaun Craft
What Skills Can Your Children Learn and Practice?
Here are a few of the skills that your little ones can learn and practice when playing this game.
- Visual Scanning – This is an important early reading skill. It is the ability to use their vision to search in a systematic way, from top to bottom or left to right. This skill also helps them move around without bumping in to things.
- Counting – They’ll have to count carefully if they want to ensure they get the correct answers.
- Practicing Number Formation – When they write how much of an item there is they’ll get a chance to practice their number formation. Try to gently correct them if they do it wrong.
- Practicing Their Pencil Grip and Improving Pencil Control – Any time your child picks up a pen or pencil is a great chance to practice and develop these skills.
- Concentration and Perseverance – There’s a lot to spot here so your little ones will have to remain focused if they want to finish the game.
Related – to learn other ways to help strengthen your child’s mathematical mind why not check out 7 simple ways to develop preschool math skills.
How to Prepare This St. Patrick’s Day I Spy Game
Firstly go and download the St. Patrick’s Day printable by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Then print it off onto paper or card.
That’s it really – an easy one this week!
How Your Children Can Play This St. Patrick’s Day I Spy Game
You can play it the standard way, letting them practice their counting and visual scanning skills to see if they can successfully help the leprechaun and find all the St. Patrick’s Day themed objects.
But you could also get them to spot a specific object. For example, ‘circle the coin that is next to two rainbows’.
You could also flip it around so that they are describing things for you to find. This will be great for their language development as they’ll have to be really specific and use the correct prepositions if they want you to find the right one.
If your little ones haven’t got to the stage where they are able to write numbers yet you could always just get them to say them with you and practice counting together carefully.
Or you could print a second copy, and cut out several of the pictures and get them to match it to the correct one. This could actually be pretty tricky as the images are different sizes and may be rotated in different ways as well.
I hope your children enjoy this St. Patrick’s Day I Spy printable. Be sure to check out the other educational printables that are available here.
Grab the St Patrick's Day I Spy Sheet
Click below to download this St Patrick’s Day activity:
You can also check out the other printables that are already available here.
If you and your little learners enjoyed this activity (or any of my other printables) then please leave a comment, spread the word and share using the buttons below!
Until next time,
Let’s nurture those neurons!