Here’s another Superhero Activity for your little learners, 7 printable superhero masks – time to save the day!
There’s 7 different superheroes in the pack and each have a pre-colored template as well as a black and white one which your children can decorate and create their very own superheroes (or villains bwa ha ha!).
This superhero craft is great for developing your child’s cutting skills, and an awesome chance to practice some pencil control and creativity if you opt with the plain templates.
And a super thing about these types of crafts is not only are they great fun to make and your children can practice lots of skills when doing so, but then they have a toy they can play with at the end – and play is just such a great way for children to learn!
If your little ones are set on saving the world, they may also want to check out these other heroic activities:
- Printable Superhero Counting Game
- 8 Printable Superhero Bookmarks To Color
- Design Your Own Superhero Cape
- Build A Superhero Craft
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When making these superhero masks, your children will have the chance to practice and develop some skills such as:
- Cutting Skills – if you feel they’re ready, you can let them have a go at cutting out the pieces all by themselves – they’ll need to be careful and have good scissor control if they want to cut out the pieces neatly
- Pencil Control – if you print off the black and white templates they can practice their pencil control and develop hand strength through decorating.
And when they’re done, they’ll also be able to use their imagination, story telling and social / communication skills when going on adventures with friends and family!
How To Prepare These Printable Superhero Masks
First you’re going to want to download the mask templates by clicking on the download button at the bottom of the page – I’ve made a color and a black and white version for each mask.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member today and get INSTANT access to all the awesome activities!
Other Materials You’ll Need:
- Safety scissors
- Card stock or craft paper
- Some coloring pencils or pens / other artsy materials for decorating
- Some elastic or string to keep them on your little one’s head when they’re saving the world and whatnot
- Or you could add a popsicle stick if you’d like the masks to have a more ‘masked ball’ feel
These masks are fairly simple to make but your little ones will probably need a bit of help with attaching the elastic if you go down that route (*always be careful with little ones and string – keep an eye on them to ensure they’re safe while playing*).
Once you’ve downloaded the templates, you’ll need to print them off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut them out. Or if you’d like your children to get some cutting practice, you can let them have a go. If you’re going with the plain templates it’ll probably be a good idea to decorate them first.
The next two steps will probably require some grown-up support:
The first is to carefully cut out the eyes holes.
Then, if you want to add elastic, simply make a couple holes near the edge (either with scissors or a hole punch). It’s a good idea to add a little clear tape on the area you’re making the holes for some added support.
Thread the elastic through the hole and tie a knot on the face side to stop it slipping back through.
Then loop around with enough elastic so it’s not too loose or tight, do the same on the other side and you’re good to go!
I hope they enjoy saving the world!