Here’s another cute character for your little ones to make. This one is a fearless build a superhero (complete with cape and mask).
It’s a simple craft in which your kids will need to cut out and correctly put together the pieces to make the superhero.
This craft is great for toddlers and preschoolers because it’s so easy to do!
And there’s a color and a plain template – so your little ones can create and customize their own wonderful superheroes!
It could also make a lovely little craft for Father’s Day if you add a sweet message on the back!
Other cut and paste crafts you may want to check out:
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When making this simple superhero craft, your children will have the chance to practice and develop some skills such as:
- Cutting Skills – if you feel they’re ready, you can let them have a go at cutting out the pieces all by themselves – they’ll need to be careful and have good scissor control if they want to cut out the pieces neatly
- Fine Motor Skills – when they’re sticking and picking up and moving the body parts and placing them where they need to go
- Body Knowledge – great for the little ones to think about how the different parts of a body fit together (the head bone’s connected to the body bone…)
- Pencil Control – if you print off the black and white version they can practice their pencil control and develop hand strength through coloring.
This simple superhero craft will also give them a chance to practice their concentration and perseverance skills as they may find it tricky to place the pieces exactly where they want them to go.
How To Prepare This Build a superhero Craft
First you’re going to want to download the superhero templates by clicking on download box at the bottom of the page – there’s a color and a black and white version!
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member and get INSTANT access to all the awesome activities today.
Other materials you’ll need:
- Safety scissors
- Card Stock or Craft Paper
- Some coloring pencils, pens or other artsy materials
Once you’ve downloaded the templates, you’ll need to print them off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut them out. Or if you’d like your children to get some cutting practice, you can let them have a go.
Then you can stick all the pieces together to build your superhero.
It can be really nice to let you’re kids have a bit of free rein here and see if they can work it out – kind of like a puzzle.
If they’re struggling, the order I’d do it in is:
- Stick the hair on the head
- Stick the mask on the head
- Stick the cape parts to the back of the body
- Stick the arms on the body
- Stick the head on the body
- Stick the feet on the body
(I expect you could have worked that out but I do like to be thorough…)
The finished one should look something like this:
If you want to you could always laminate them and use them as a puzzle. That way the different parts would be kept nice and they can use them again and again. You could also mix and match them with some other character and animal crafts.
After that you’re all done!
Let your kids practice their cutting and sticking skills in a simple and fun way!
But Wait… There’s Also A Black And White Build A Superhero Craft!
I’ve also made a black and white version which would be an awesome way for your little ones to practice their coloring skills and personalize their superheroes in their own way!
So why not crack out the pens, crayons, paints or collage (or all of them if you’re feeling adventurous) and let your kids get creative!
I’d love to see what they create!