Here’s another printable craft for your little learners, a Valentine’s Day headband craft!
These templates are a great chance to develop some cutting skills, as well as some pencil control and creativity if you go with the plain template!
Like most of the crafts here at Nurtured Neurons, there’s a pre-colored template for quick headband making, or a plain one if your want to get a bit more creative!
And a super thing about these types of crafts is not only are they great fun to make and your children can practice lots of skills when doing so, but then you have something they can play with at the end – and play is just such a great way for children to learn!
They’d be a super activity at a Valentine’s Day party!
And if you’re looking for some more fun Valentine’s Day activities. look no further:
- Heart Count And Graph Worksheet
- Heart Missing Number Worksheet 1-20
- Build A Cupid Craft
- 7 Simple Heart Coloring Pages
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When making this cute Valentine’s Day headband, your children will have the chance to practice and develop some skills such as:
- Cutting Skills – if you feel they’re ready, you can let them have a go at cutting out the pieces all by themselves – they’ll need to be careful and have good scissor control if they want to cut out the headband neatly
- Pencil Control – if you print off the black and white version they can practice their pencil control and develop hand strength through coloring.
How To Prepare This Valentine’s Day Headband Craft
First you’re going to want to download the templates by clicking on the download button at the bottom of the page – I’ve made a color and a black and white version.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member today and get INSTANT access to all the awesome activities.
Other Materials You’ll Need:
- Safety scissors
- Card stock or craft paper
- Some good glue or a stapler
- Some coloring pencils or pens / other artsy materials for decorating
Once you’ve downloaded the templates, you’ll need to print them off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut them out. Or if you’d like your children to get some cutting practice, you can let them have a go.
Then you simply need to cut the bands to the right size (I’ve included an extra sheet of bands so there’s plenty).
Then either stick or staple them into a loop to fit your child’s head.
There’s also a black and white Valentines Day crown template:
So your little learners can decorate their Valentine’s Day crown just as they’d like it.
And one without any writing so they can write their own message as well: