Here’s a cute little elf counting game to add to your Christmas list of activities for preschoolers.
The elves are up against it, Santa is working them hard and they each have a number of presents they need to collect before Christmas Eve – time is ticking, can your little ones help the elves get the correct amount of presents in time?
This game is easy to prepare and can help your children develop those important counting and number recognition skills.
And let’s face it, children love to count! It’s one of the main preschool math skills and an essential skill for them to develop!
So why not grab this Christmas counting game and help nurture their little mathematical minds?
- Christmas Phonics Game
- Build A Santa
- Build A Snowman
- Snowman Craft Templates
- Penguin Letter Matching Game
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When playing this Christmas Counting game, your children will have the chance to practice and develop some early math skills such as:
- Counting skills – they’ll have to count the presents carefully to ensure they are giving the elves the right amount
- Number recognition – they’ll need to be able to recognize the numbers to match them up correctly
- One to one correspondence – this important skill (trickier than you may think) is the ability to only touch and count an object of a set once
- Fine motor skills – they will have to use a good pincer grip to pick up the cards
- Hand-eye coordination – to ensure they can move and line the two halves of the cards together
How To Prepare This Elf Counting Game
This one’s pretty straight forward!
First you’re going to want to download the game by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Once you’ve downloaded them, you’ll need to print them off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut them out.
Once they’re all cut out, I’d strongly advise laminating them to keep them looking nice and so your little ones can play the game again.
After that you’re all done!
Your children are ready to start helping the elves count those presents
Now your kids can practice their math skills in a fun cute Christmassy way!