Who says you need snow to make a snowman? This printable snowman template pack will allow you and your children to create their very own snowmen at home!
I think of these templates like blank outlines which you can cut out if you wish and use as the base for loads of crafts or just as coloring pages – just print them off and crack out the coloring pencils, paints or collage materials!
There’s 3 different snowman templates included, a black and white snowman, a basic snowman and an outline of a snowman with a hat and scarf on.
It’s up to you what you decide to do with them but there’s a few ideas below.
So here you go – enjoy!
Other winter activities you and your little ones may like:
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
Which skills your little ones will develop depends largely on how you plan to use this printable snowman template. Here’s a few that they could improve if you decide to get all crafty with them:
- Cutting Skills – if you feel they’re ready, you can let them have a go at cutting out the template all by themselves – they’ll need to be careful and have good scissor control if they want to cut out the template neatly
- Fine Motor Skills – if they’re going to use the snowman template as a base for a collage, they’ll need to use their pincer grip to pick up the pieces and carefully put them where they want them to go
- Creativity – as the template is basically a blank canvas, your children will have a lot of space to exercise their creativity and decide how they want to personalize it
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Pencil Control – they can practice their pencil control and develop hand strength through coloring this template in
These snowmen templates will also give them a chance to practice their concentration and perseverance skills as they may find it tricky to make their creation look exactly as they want it to and may be practicing skills they are not completely confident with.
How To Prepare This Printable Snowman Template
First you’re going to want to download the snowman templates by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Materials you May need:
- Safety scissors
- Card Stock or Craft Paper
- Some coloring pencils or pens
Once you’ve downloaded the template, you’ll need to print it off onto paper or card depending on what you plan on using it for.
After that you’re all done!
Let your children’s creativity run wild!
A Couple Ideas For The Printable Snowman Template to Get The Creative Juices Flowing
I expect you have an idea how you’d like to use these templates, but why stop at just one idea? You can print out as many copies as you like so here’s a few extra ideas:
You can obviously just give your kids a snowman template and let them use it as a coloring page.
It’s good to just let them experiment sometimes and marvel at what they can create.
Sometimes though, it might be nice to give them a few ideas. Can they make their snowman spotty? How about stripy or patchwork? Will they add any more clothes to the snowman?
So now they’ve colored in the snowman, how about adding in their own background? Maybe have a look at some winter scenes in a book or online for inspiration and to teach them some researching skills.
Give them a blank piece of paper and see if they can use them as inspiration and make their own winter scene. Maybe they could draw a snowman family, complete with mommy, daddy and baby snowman?
Or forget the pencils and crayons altogether and crack out the paints and let them practice brush control while carefully painting them. You can make some really nice backgrounds by mixing a few water colors.
They could obviously also use the printable snowman template as the base for crafts.
They’d be great to do some collaging with. Just rip up some tissue or colored paper, get out the glue and get sticking. Or do you know what would would be great? – you guessed it – cotton wool. Just like fluffy snow!
You could also add pompoms, pipe cleaners, and googly eyes. Or you could go outside and scavenge some natural materials. Sticks, grass and leaves could all be used to make an awesome wintery background!
If you print the snowmen 4 to a page and cut them out after they have colored / decorated them, you could them stick them onto a background they have made on card to make their very own winter scene.
There’s so much you could do with them so let them get creative and have fun!
You could also use the snowman template as a base for a Christmas card – decorate the front and write on the back or print it our twice and stick them together to create a card which stands up.
Whatever you do with them, have fun and I’d love to see what your little ones create!