Symmetry is a fundamental part of geometry, nature and shapes and it helps children recognize patterns and organize the world they see around them. It encourages your little learners to look more closely at shapes and focus on the different parts that they are made up of. So why not help nurture their little mathematical minds and add these Santa Symmetry worksheets to your list of fun and educational Christmas activities.
This pack contains four Santa symmetry sheets with varying difficulties. Two have both sides already drawn and your child will just need to ensure both halves are colored the same (great for younger children) – and two are more advanced and require your child to carefully complete Santa by drawing his missing half.
These symmetry worksheets are super easy to prepare (literally just download and print) and can help your children develop some important early math skills.
- Christmas Phonics Game
- Build A Santa
- Build A Snowman
- Snowman Craft Templates
- Penguin Letter Matching Game
- Elf Counting Game
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When using these Santa symmetry worksheets, your children will have the chance to practice and develop some important skills such as:
- Geometry and Shape – this symmetry sheet will help your children to understand that objects are made up of different shapes and help them to begin classifying them (e.g. both Santa’s body and belt are made of rectangles and his pompom and eyes are circles)
- Observation – they will have to have good observational skills to ensure they are accurately copying the other half of the picture
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Pencil Control – they can practice their pencil control and develop hand strength through drawing and coloring
How To Prepare These Santa Symmetry Worksheets
This one’s pretty straight forward!
First you’re going to want to download the symmetry worksheets by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Once you’ve downloaded them, you’ll need to print them off onto paper.
That’s it you’re done – told you it was easy!
Your children are ready to start developing their symmetry skills!
Grab the Santa Symmetry Worksheet Pack
Click below to download these Christmas symmetry worksheets:
You can also check out the other printables that are already available here.
If you and your little learners enjoyed this activity (or any of my other printables) then please leave a comment, spread the word and share using the buttons below!
Until next time,
Let’s nurture those neurons!