If you’re looking for a way to help your little learners practice their counting and math skills while also getting into the spirit of the holiday, look no further than these Thanksgiving turkey roll and color worksheets!
These worksheets are a great way to engage young learners and make math practice feel like playtime.
Your little learners will need to carefully count (or subitize) the pips on the dice, then color in the correct feather!
There’s a one die version with numbers up to six. For this one they’ll need super counting skills as well as number recognition.
And I’ve also made a two dice version – where they’ll need to count the pips on each die and then add them together to find the total before coloring.
Addition is a crucial skill for children to learn and one they’ll obviously use a lot as they grow!
You can check out some more super Thanksgiving learning here!
What Skills Can Your Little Ones Learn And Develop?
This Thanksgiving dice worksheet is designed to help your children practice and develop some early skills, such as:
- One to one correspondence – this important skill (trickier than you may think) is the ability to only touch and count an object of a set once.
- Adding – adding two amounts together to find the total
- Subitizing – the ability to to quickly recognize, by looking at a group of things, how many there are
- Number recognition – they’ll need to be able to recognize the numbers to make sure they’re coloring the right egg
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a fluid range of movement
Some of these are vital fine motor skills that will enable them to become great writers in the future!
How To Prepare These Thanksgiving Turkey Count and Roll Worksheets
First you’re going to want to choose which version you want and download the worksheet by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Then print it off!
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member today and get INSTANT access to the entire printable library of the awesome activities!
I’ve made a one die version – where there’s no adding involved just counting or subitizing:
And a two dice version where they’ll have to count or subitize both dice, then add them together to find the total and color that number in:
Then that’s pretty much it – just print off, grab some pencils, pens or crayons and dice and they’re good to go! Their goal is to carefully count the pips on the dice (or subitize!), add them together to find the total and color the correct feather!
Remind them to only count each pip once and that the last number they say is the total.
Gently encourage them if they find it a little tricky at first – learning all these new skills takes time!
And if they’re really in a Thanksgiving mood, you can discover more activities here.