We’re harnessing the joy and warmth of the summer sun with these sun number tracing and counting worksheets! Brighten up your child’s day and learning with this cheerful, sun-soaked activity that merges counting and writing practice.
The worksheet covers the numbers 1-10, making this activity perfect for and preschoolers and kindergartners just starting out on their number journey.
And preparing the activity is as simple as print-and-go! Grab some colored pencils or laminate the worksheet for repeated use with erasable markers.
What Skills Can Your Little Ones Learn And Develop?
This summer number tracing printable is designed to help your children practice and develop their prewriting skills, such as:
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- One to one correspondence – this important skill (trickier than you may think) is the ability to only touch and count an object of a set once.
- Number formation – understanding what the numbers look like and how to form them
- Number sense – the ability to visualize numbers and understand relationships between numbers
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a fluid range of movement
Many of these are all vital fine motor skills that will enable them to become great writers in the future!
How To Prepare This Sun Number Tracing and Counting Worksheet
First you’re going to want to download the summer worksheet by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Then print it off!
Ready to nurture those neurons? Join us now and unlock INSTANT ACCESS to our entire library of awesome activities! Don’t miss out – become a member today and start exploring!
That’s pretty much it for this one – just print them off, grab some pencils, pens or crayons and they’re good to go! Their goal is to count the sunbeams and trace over the numbers as carefully as possible and when they’re done, they can color it all in.
Gently encourage them if they find it a little tricky at first – learning all these new skills takes time!