Here’s another cute shark printable for all your little ones. This one is a simple but fun shark puzzle.
With this one you get a base sheet, which is a drawing of the cute shark and one plain (for customizing) and one pre-colored sheet of shark parts.
All you’ve then got to do is cut out the parts and let your children see if they can put the poor shark back together again.
Other ocean animal printables you may be interested in:
- Cute sea animal matching game
- Shark craft template
- Penguin letter matching game
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
Here’s a few of the skills your kids can develop when playing with this cute shark puzzle:
- Problem Solving – your children will need to think about how they can make the pieces fit together and develop strategies to help them complete this puzzle
- Visual Perception – they will have to recognize the different shapes and may need to rotate them to make them fit correctly
- Cutting Skills – if you feel they’re ready, you can let them have a go at cutting out the puzzle pieces all by themselves – they’ll need to be careful and have good scissor control if they want to cut out the template neatly
- Fine Motor Skills – they’ll need to use their pincer grip to pick up the pieces and carefully put them where they want them to go
- Creativity – as I’ve also made blank puzzle pieces, they’ll be able to decorate their shark however they want
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Pencil Control – they can practice their pencil control and develop hand strength through coloring this template in
This cute shark puzzle will also give them a chance to practice their concentration and perseverance skills as they may find it tricky to select the right pieces and place them exactly where they want them.
How To Prepare This shark Puzzle
First you’re going to want to download the shark puzzle by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Materials you May need:
- Safety scissors
- Card Stock or Craft Paper
- Some coloring pencils or pens
Once you’ve downloaded the puzzle, you’ll need to print it off onto paper or card.
You don’t need to do anything with the shark base sheet – it’s all ready to go.
For the pieces, you’ll need to cut them out carefully – or you can let our little ones have a go to practise their cutting skills.
After that you’re all done!
See if your little ones can put the shark back together again – the fin bone’s connected to the tail bone (or something).
I’ve also Made Black and White Shark Puzzle Pieces
So that your little ones can have some creative freedom – who doesn’t want to design their own shark? These would be great for your little ones to decorate before cutting them out.
You can obviously just give your kids the cute shark puzzle pieces and let them crack on.
Sometimes, it’s great to just let them experiment sometimes and marvel at what they can create.
Occasionally though, it might be nice to give them a few ideas. Can they make their shark spotty? How about a stripy shark or a lovely patchwork one?
Or forget the pencils and crayons altogether and crack out the paints and let them practice brush control while carefully painting them.
If you’re feeling really adventurous you may want to let them collage them – just rip up some tissue or colored paper, get out the glue and get sticking.
Whatever you do with them, have fun and I’d love to see what your little ones create!