Here’s an Easter themed printable for your little ones – an Easter egg pattern worksheet. It’s that time of the year when the Easter Bunny is busy stashing eggs around the place. But can your little ones work out which egg she’ll hide next??
Patterns are all around us and and children love to spot them. Patterns can help children understand the world around them, how things change over time, and begin to make predictions.
This pattern worksheet is a great way for young children to practice their scissor, logic and reasoning skills.
There’s AB, AAB, ABB and ABC patterns for them to complete.
If your little learners would enjoy some crafty cutting practice you may want to check out these awesome cut and paste crafts.
What Skills Can Your Little Ones Learn And Develop?
This Easter pattern worksheet is designed to help your children practice and develop some early skills, such as:
- Patterns – being able to spot and understand patterns
- Logic and reasoning skills – using prior knowledge to help them predict what will come next
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and use their hands to get the scissors to go where they want them to
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Scissor control – holding the scissors correctly to allow for a fluid range of movement
RELATED Playdough can also be a great way to improve hand strength – you can check out an easy no cook recipe here!
How To Prepare The Easter Egg Pattern Worksheet
First you’re going to want to download the pattern sheet by clicking on download button at the bottom of the page.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member today and get INSTANT access to all the awesome activities!
Then print it off!
That’s pretty much it for this one – just print it off, grab some scissors and glue and see if your little learners can work out what comes next.
They’ll need to carefully cut out the boxes at the bottom of the page, then use their reasoning skills to complete the patterns correctly.