Here’s another monster themed printable – 8 monster bookmarks to cut out and color in.
If your little little learners love reading spooky books (or listening to scary stories), they’re bound to enjoy making these simple but cute bookmarks.
There’s 8 Halloween monsters in the pack and there’s a pre-colored and black and white set.
These coloring bookmarks could also be great in the classroom as a simple Halloween craft!
If your little ones love coloring, you can check out more cool coloring pages here.
What Skills Can Your kids Learn?
Now you may not think it, but there’s actually quite a lot of skills that can be practiced and developed when your children are happily coloring away.
These Halloween bookmarks can help your children practice and develop their writing skills, such as:
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Crossing the mid-line – this is the ability to cross the imaginary line running down the center of your body – it means they won’t have to switch hands if they want to color on the other side of the page
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a full and fluid range of movement
- Cutting skills – as they try to cut them out oh so neatly
These are all vital skills that will set them up to be brilliant at writing in the future! But let’s not forget:
- Creativity – coloring is a great way to promote a child’s creativity. Will they stick with traditional monster colors or will they come up with their own whacky designs?
Coloring can also be great for children’s focus when they’re trying their hardest to stay in the lines, and I’m sure as anyone out there who’s ever picked up an ‘adult’ coloring book – they can also be a great way to relax and have a moment of calm.
How To Prepare These Monster Bookmarks To Color
First you need to download them by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Join thousands of happy members and become a member today! You’ll get INSTANT access to our entire library of awesome activities!
Then print them out.
There’s pre-colored bookmarks and plain ones included in the pack!
Then cut them (or let your little learners have a go).
That’s pretty much it – just need to grab some pencils, pens or crayons, decorate the bookmarks and then it’s time to get stuck into their favourite book!