Here’s a winter themed printable for your little ones – can they trace the lines on this winter hat line tracing worksheet to complete the cool design?
This winter tracing sheet is a great way for your children to practice their prewriting skills – which are vital if they want to become to clear and confident writers!
What Skills Can Your Little Ones Learn And Develop?
This winter tracing worksheet is designed to help your children practice and develop their prewriting skills, such as:
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Crossing the mid-line – this is the ability to cross the imaginary line running down the center of your body – it means they wont have to switch hands if they want to write on the other side of the page
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a fluid range of movement
These are all vital fine motor skills that will enable them to become great writers in the future!
RELATED Playdough can also be a great way to improve hand strength – you can check out an easy no cook recipe here!
How To Prepare The Winter Hat Line Tracing Worksheet
First you’re going to want to download the hat tracing page by clicking on download button at the bottom of the page.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member and get access to all the awesome activities today.
Then print it off!
That’s pretty much it for this one – just print it off, grab some pencils, pens or crayons and they’re good to go! Their goal is to stay as close to the lines as possible.
Then they get to color in the cool hat when they’re all done!