All about for some early math practice with is train count and color worksheet! If you know any little train fans, this worksheet will be perfect for them!
This preschool and kindergarten math worksheet is super easy to prepare and can help your children develop those important counting, number recognition and pencil skills.
And let’s face it, children love to count! It’s one of the main preschool math skills and an essential skill for them to develop!
Your little learners will have a great time as they practice their counting skills and bring these drab carriages to life with vibrant colors.
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When using this counting worksheet, your children will have the chance to practice and develop skills such as:
- Counting skills – they’ll have to count the carriages carefully to ensure they are coloring the right amount
- Number recognition – they’ll need to be able to recognize the numbers to make sure they’re coloring the right amount
- One to one correspondence – this important skill (trickier than you may think) is the ability to only touch and count an object of a set once
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Crossing the mid-line – this is the ability to cross the imaginary line running down the center of your body – it means they won’t have to switch hands if they want to color on the other side of the page
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a full and fluid range of movement
How To Prepare This Train Count and Color Worksheet
This one’s pretty straight forward!
First you’re going to want to download and print the worksheet by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Ready to nurture those neurons? Join us now and unlock INSTANT ACCESS to our amazing library of awesome activities! Don’t miss out – become a member today and start exploring!
After that you’re all done!
Your children are ready to start developing their counting skills as they color those trains – choo choo!