Here’s a St Patrick’s Day number tracing worksheet – a great way for your children to practice their number formation.
Simply print it off, give them a pencil or some crayons and encourage them carefully trace over the numbers within the lucky shamrocks – then when they’ve finished, they can color it in (for some reason I’m predicting a lot of green).
You can discover some more tracing activities here or you may want to download some of these other fun St Patrick’s Day printables – perfect for little learners:
- St. Patrick’s Day Over the Rainbow Number Match Game
- Help the Leprechaun Find His Gold Coins – Counting Game
- St. Patrick’s Day I Spy Game
- Build-A-Leprechaun Printable
- St Patrick’s Day CVC Game
If you’re ever unsure about a word that I or your kid’s teachers use you may want to check out (and download a free copy of) my helpful parent’s guide to the words teachers say.
What Skills Can Your Little Ones Learn And Develop?
This number tracing printable is designed to help your children practice and develop their prewriting skills, such as:
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Number formation – understanding what the numbers look like and how to form them
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a fluid range of movement
These are all vital fine motor skills that will enable them to become great writers in the future!
RELATED Playdough can also be a great way to improve hand strength – you can check out an easy no cook recipe here!
How To Prepare This St Patrick’s Day Number Tracing Worksheet
First you’re going to want to download the number tracing page by clicking on the ‘click here for free printables’ image at the bottom of the page.
Then print it off!
That’s pretty much it for this one – just print them off, grab some pencils, pens or crayons and they’re good to go! Their goal is to trace over the numbers as carefully as possible and when they’re done, they can color in the picture.
Gently encourage them if they find it a little tricky at first – learning all these new skills takes time!
If you want your children to be able to use these number tracing worksheets again and again, then laminating them and using a white board pen would be a great idea (whiteboard pens are also a little chunkier so can be easier for them to hold). Practice makes perfect!
Grab the St Patrick’s Day Number Tracing Page
You’ll need to sign up to receive the welcome email with your password, then head over to the printable library to grab whatever activities you’d like to do – there’s loads of crafts and educational printables!
To get access to both the printable number tracing worksheet as well as all the other printables I’ve created click on the image below:
I hope your children enjoy practicing their writing skills with these sheets – be sure to check back in for more educational printables.
You can also check out the other printables that are already available here.
If you like this preschool tracing worksheet then please share using the buttons below!
Until next time,
Let’s nurture those neurons!