Here’s another spooky Halloween printable for you and your children to print off and use at home. These are some cute Halloween tracing sheets. Your little ones will need to have great pen control and trace the lines carefully if they want to help all the Halloween monsters to meet up with their friends.
These prewriting worksheets are great for your little ones to practice their fine motor skills – which are vital if they want to become to clear and confident writers! There’s two difficulties and color and black and white versions are both included in the pack.
You may also want to check out and download these other fun and free printables:
- Beginning Sounds Flash Cards
- Dinosaur Prewriting Sheets
- Free Road Letters – For Developing Prewriting Skills
- Rainbow Number Bonds To Ten Cards And Game
- Fish Counting Playdough Mats
If you’re ever unsure about a word that I or your kid’s teachers use you may want to check out (and download a free copy of) my helpful parent’s guide to the words teachers say.
What Skills Can Your Little Ones Learn And Develop?
These Halloween tracing Printables are designed to help your children practice and develop their prewriting skills, such as:
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Crossing the mid-line – this is the ability to cross the imaginary line running down the center of your body – it means they wont have to switch hands if they want to write on the other side of the page
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a fluid range of movement
These are all vital fine motor skills that will enable them to become great writers in the future!
RELATED Playdough can also be a great way to improve hand strength – you can check out an easy no cook recipe here!
How To Prepare These Halloween Tracing Sheets
First you need to download them by clicking on the image below:
That’s pretty much it for this one – just print them off, grab some pencils, pens or crayons and they’re good to go! Their goal is to stay as close to the lines as possible as they move from one monster to the other.
Gently encourage them if they find it a little tricky at first – learning all these new skills takes time!
If you want your children to be able to use these tracing worksheets again and again then laminating them and using a white board pen would be a great idea (whiteboard pens are also a little chunkier so can be easier for them to hold).
Here’s a great laminator if you don’t have one at home already:
Well, there’s another free educational printable that I hope you and your children find useful. Be sure to check back regularly as I’ll be using the Halloween monsters in future free printables. If you want to make sure you don’t miss any you can turn on notifications by clicking on the little bell to the right.
You can also check out the other free printables that are already available here.
If you like these Halloween preschool worksheets then please share using the buttons below!
Until next time,
Let’s nurture those neurons!