Here’s some space line tracing worksheets for all the future astronauts and astronomers out there.
Your little ones will be able to use these line tracing worksheets to practice their prewriting skills – which are vital if they want to become to clear and confident writers!
The aim of the game is simple – to help guide the rockets safely to the planets.
The only way your little ones will be able to do this is by carefully tracing the lines to connect the rockets with the planets.
You may also want to check out and download these other fun preschool and kindergarten printables:
- Beginning Sounds Flash Cards
- Road Letters – For Developing Pre-Writing Skills
- Rainbow Number Bonds To Ten Cards And Game
- Fish Counting Playdough Mats
If you’re ever unsure about a word that I or your little one’s teachers use you may want to check out (and download a copy of) my helpful parent’s guide to the words teachers say.
What Skills Can Your Little Ones Learn And Develop?
These trace the line printables are designed to help your children practice and develop their prewriting skills, such as:
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Crossing the mid-line – this is the ability to cross the imaginary line running down the center of your body – it means they wont have to switch hands if they want to write on the other side of the page
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a fluid range of movement
These are all vital skills that will enable them to become great writers in the future!
RELATED Playdough can also be a great way to improve hand strength – you can check out an easy no cook recipe here!
How To Prepare These Space Trace The Line Printables
First you’re going to want to download the preschool tracing pages by clicking on the ‘click here for free printables’ image at the bottom of the page.
There’s color and black and white tracing sheets if you want to save a little ink and let your little ones do a bit of coloring as well.
There’s also an easier and a harder sheet so you may want to let them try the easier one first.
That’s pretty much it for this one, print it off and then you just need to grab some pencils, pens or crayons and they’re good to go! Their goal is to stay as close to the lines as possible.
Gently encourage them if they find it a little tricky at first – learning all these new skills takes time!
Grab the Space Tracing Pages
You’ll need to sign up to receive the welcome email with your password, then head over to the printable library to grab whatever activities you’d like to do – there’s loads of crafts and educational printables!
To get access to both the space line tracing worksheets, as well as all the other printables I’ve created click on the image below:
I hope your children enjoy practicing their writing skills with these sheets – be sure to check back in for more educational printables.
You can also check out the other printables that are already available here.
If you like this kindergarten and preschool tracing worksheet then please share using the buttons below!
Until next time,
Let’s nurture those neurons!