Do your little learners love fearless pirates? Do they dream of swashbuckling adventures on the high seas? Then why not try this simple pirate craft?
There’s 2 different pirates to make and each have a pre-colored template for quick crafting and a black and white one.
If your little ones want to use the black and white pirate templates, then they can choose the colors and add some more details if they wish!
And if they just love crafts then you may want to check out these simple cut and paste crafts as well!
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When making this simple pirate craft, your children will have the chance to practice and develop some skills such as:
- Cutting Skills – if you feel they’re ready, you can let them have a go at cutting out the pieces all by themselves – they’ll need to be careful and have good scissor control if they want to cut out the pieces neatly
- Fine Motor Skills – when they’re sticking and picking up and moving the parts and placing them where they need to go
- Pencil Control – if you print off the black and white version they can practice their pencil control and develop hand strength through coloring.
These crafts will also give them a chance to practice their concentration and perseverance skills as they may find it tricky to place the pieces exactly where they want them to go.
How To Prepare This Simple Pirate Craft
First you’re going to want to download the templates by clicking on the download button at the bottom of the page – I’ve made a color and a black and white version for each character.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Sign up today and get instant access to our entire library!
Other materials you’ll need:
- Safety scissors
- Card stock or Craft paper
- Some good glue
- Some coloring pencils or pens or other artsy materials
Once you’ve downloaded the templates, you’ll need to print them off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut them out. Or if you’d like your children to get some cutting practice, you can let them have a go.
Both of the pirates are pretty similar and the steps for putting them together are:
- Fold along the line above the feet and bend them upwards
- Apply some glue to the white tab on the body part
- Curl the body part around to make a tube and use the white tab to hold it together
- Apply glue to the neck
- Stick the head onto the neck
- Stick the arms onto the side of the body
- Stick the two side of the sword together and stick to a hand
The only difference is that the female character has some longer hair which you can add as well if you wish. To do this just stick it to the back of the neck so that the hair falls down either side.
After that you’re all done!
They should look something like this:
Let your kids practice their cutting and sticking skills in a simple and fun way!
And Don’t Forget… There’s Also Black And White Pirate Templates!
I’ve also made black and white versions of both pirates which would be an awesome way for your little ones to practice their coloring skills and personalize them in their own way!
So why not crack out the pens, crayons, paints or collage (or all of them if you’re feeling adventurous) and let your kids get creative!
Leave a comment to let me know how they get on