This craft is not just a fashion statement; it’s a lesson in fine motor skills and creativity as well!
Like most of the crafts here at Nurtured Neurons, there’s a pre-colored template for quick paper crown making, or a plain one if your want to get a bit more creative!
And a super thing about these types of crafts is not only are they great fun to make and your children can practice lots of skills when doing so, but then you have a toy they can play with at the end – and play is just such a great way for children to learn!
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When making this pilgrim paper crown, your children will have the chance to practice and develop some skills such as:
- Cutting Skills – if you feel they’re ready, you can let them have a go at cutting out the pieces all by themselves – they’ll need to be careful and have good scissor control if they want to cut out the hat neatly
- Pencil Control – if you print off the black and white version they can practice their pencil control and develop hand strength through coloring.
And when they’re done, they’ll also be able to use their imagination, storytelling and social / communication skills when going on magical adventures with friends and family!
How To Prepare This Pilgrim Hat Craft
First you’re going to want to download the templates by clicking on the download button at the bottom of the page – I’ve made a color and a black and white version.
Still haven’t boarded our Mayflower? Set sail into membership today and discover a New World of nourishing activities
Other Materials You’ll Need:
- Safety scissors
- Card stock or craft paper
- Some good glue or a stapler
- Some coloring pencils or pens / other artsy materials for decorating
Once you’ve downloaded the templates, you’ll need to print them off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut them out. Or if you’d like your children to get some cutting practice, you can let them have a go.
Then you simply need to cut the bands to the right size.
Then either stick or staple them into a loop to fit your child’s head.
There’s also a plain pilgrim hat template:
So your little learners can decorate it just as they’d like it.
Why not add a little gold glitter on the buckle to really make it sparkle?