Are your little learners getting excited for St Patrick’s Day? Then why not download this simple leprechaun craft for an awesome St Patrick’s Day activity?
The leprechaun is simple to make and there’s a color template and a black and white one.
If your little ones want to use the plain leprechaun templates, then they can choose the colors and add some more details if they wish!
And a super thing about these types of crafts is not only are they great fun to make and your children can practice lots of skills when doing so, but then they have a toy they can play with at the end – and play is just such a great way for children to learn!
If your little ones just love crafts then you may want to check out these simple cut and paste crafts as well!
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When making this paper leprechaun craft, your children will have the chance to practice and develop some skills such as:
- Cutting Skills – if you feel they’re ready, you can let them have a go at cutting out the pieces all by themselves – they’ll need to be careful and have good scissor control if they want to cut out the pieces neatly
- Fine Motor Skills – when they’re sticking and picking up and moving the parts and placing them where they need to go
- Pencil Control – if you print off the black and white version they can practice their pencil control and develop hand strength through coloring.
These crafts will also give them a chance to practice their concentration and perseverance skills as they may find it tricky to place the pieces exactly where they want them to go.
How To Prepare This Simple Leprechaun Craft
First you’re going to want to download the lucky leprechaun templates by clicking on the download button at the bottom of the page – I’ve made a color and a black and white version.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Sign up today and get INSTANT access to our entire library!
Other materials you’ll need:
- Safety scissors
- Card stock or Craft paper
- Some good glue
- Some coloring pencils or pens or other artsy materials
Once you’ve downloaded the templates, you’ll need to print them off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut them out. Or if you’d like your children to get some cutting practice, you can let them have a go.
The steps to make the leprechaun are as follows:
- Fold along the line above the feet and bend them upwards
- Apply some glue to the white tab on the body part
- Curl the body part around to make a tube and use the white tab to hold it together
- Apply glue to the neck
- Stick the head onto the neck
- Stick the arms onto the side of the body
And Don’t Forget… There’s Also A Black And White Leprechaun Template!
I’ve also made black and white version of the leprechaun which would be an awesome way for your little ones to practice their coloring skills and personalize him in their own way!
So why not crack out the pens, crayons, paints or collage (or all of them if you’re feeling adventurous) and let your kids get creative!
I’d love to hear how they get on!