And if your little learners would also like to practice writing the letters, you can find letter tracing worksheets here.
What Skills Can Your Little Ones Learn And Develop?
These printable number formation cards are designed to help your children practice and develop their prewriting skills, such as:
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Number formation – understanding what the numbers look like and how to form them
- Number recognition – knowing what the different numbers look like
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a fluid range of movement
RELATED Playdough can also be a great way to improve hand strength – you can check out an easy no cook recipe here!
How To Prepare These Number Formation Cards
First you’re going to want to download the number tracing cards by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Then print them off.
Not yet a member yet – what are you waiting for? Sign up today for INSTANT access to all the awesome activities!
The just cut them out – there’s four to a page. After that you’ll probably want to laminate them so that you can use them again. Or you may want to staple them together to make a little number formation booklet.
Then it’s over to your little learners – their goal is to trace over the numbers as carefully as possible!
Gently encourage them if they find it a little tricky at first – learning all these new skills takes time!