Are your little learners getting excited for summer? Then why not download this 3D paper ice cream craft?
This paper ice cream craft is great for developing your child’s cutting and sticking skills, and an awesome chance to practice some pencil control and fine motor skills as well!
The ice cream is pretty easy to make and there’s a color template and a black and white one.
If your little ones want to use the plain ice cream templates, then they can choose the colors and add some more toppings if they wish!
If your little ones just love crafts then you may want to check out these simple cut and paste crafts as well!
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When making this paper ice cream craft, your children will have the chance to practice and develop some skills such as:
- Cutting Skills – if you feel they’re ready, you can let them have a go at cutting out the pieces all by themselves – they’ll need to be careful and have good scissor control if they want to cut out the pieces neatly
- Fine Motor Skills – when they’re sticking and picking up and moving the parts and placing them where they need to go
- Pencil Control – if you print off the black and white version they can practice their pencil control and develop hand strength through coloring.
These crafts will also give them a chance to practice their concentration and perseverance skills as they may find it tricky to place the pieces exactly where they want them to go.
How To Prepare This Simple Ice Cream Craft
First you’re going to want to download the ice cream templates by clicking on the download button at the bottom of the page – I’ve made a color and a black and white version.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Sign up today and get INSTANT access to our entire library!
Other materials you’ll need:
- Safety scissors
- Card stock or Craft paper
- Some good glue
- Some coloring pencils or pens or other artsy materials
Once you’ve downloaded the templates, you’ll need to print them off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut the pieces out. Or if you’d like your children to get some cutting practice, you can let them have a go.
The ice cream scoops are in 3 different sizes so that they can stack on top of each other. The smallest is on the page with the cone. The largest is on the top of the second page (with some sprinkles on the top).
The steps to make the ice cream are as follows:
- Fold along the tabs on the cone
- Apply some glue to the tabs and stick near the bottom of your page – sticking the second tab close enough to the first so that the cone pops off the page
- Add some glue to the underside of the left and right edges of the smallest ice cream scoop
- Stick this onto the paper so that it overlaps the top of the cone
- Add some glue to the underside of the left and right edges of the medium ice cream scoop
- Stick this onto the paper so that it overlaps the top of the first scoop
- Add some glue to the underside of the left and right edges of the largest ice cream (with sprinkles) scoop
- And stick so it overlaps the second scoop.
It should look something like this when you’re done:
And Don’t Forget… There’s Also A Black And White Ice Cream Template!
I’ve also made black and white version of the ice cream which would be an awesome way for your little ones to practice their coloring skills and add some of their favourite toppings and sauces!
So why not crack out the pens, crayons, paints or collage (or all of them if you’re feeling adventurous) and let your kids get creative!
I hope you enjoy!