This pumpkin counting game is a great hands-on math activity for your little learners this fall.
This math game takes a bit of prep (there’s 10 signs and 10 pumpkins to cut out) but can really help your children develop those important counting, number sense and number recognition skills.
And let’s face it, children love to count! It’s one of the main preschool math skills and an essential skill for them to develop!
So why not grab this cute counting game and help nurture their little mathematical minds?
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When playing this fun pumpkin game, your children will have the chance to practice and develop skills such as:
- Counting skills – they’ll have to count the pumpkins carefully to ensure they are placing the right amount in the cart
- Number recognition – they’ll need to be able to recognize the numbers on the signs
- One to one correspondence – this important skill (trickier than you may think) is the ability to only touch and count an object of a set once
- Fine motor skills – they will have to use a good pincer grip to pick up the pumpkins
- Hand-eye coordination – to ensure they can move and place the pumpkins in the cart
How To Prepare This Pumpkin Counting Game
First you’re going to want to download the game by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member today and get INSTANT access to all the awesome activities!
Once you’ve downloaded them, you’ll need to print the pages off onto paper or card.
There’s a base sheet with the pumpkin cart on it, then 10 signs with the numbers 1-10 and ten little pumpkins.
Once they’re all cut out, I’d strongly advise laminating them to keep them looking nice and so your little ones can play the game again.
After that you’re all done!
Your children are ready to start practicing their early math skills.
They’ll need to select a sign and place it on the signpost, then carefully count the correct number of pumpkins and place them in the cart.
I hope they enjoy!