Here’s another printable craft for your little learners, some awesome pirate hat templates – perfect for all those little pirate fans out there!
These templates are a great chance to develop some cutting skills, as well as some pencil control and creativity if you go with the plain template!
Like most of the crafts here at Nurtured Neurons, there’s a pre-colored template for quick headband making, or a plain one if your want to get a bit more creative!
And a super thing about these types of crafts is not only are they great fun to make and your children can practice lots of skills when doing so, but then you have a toy they can play with at the end – and play is just such a great way for children to learn!
They’d be a super activity at a pirate themed party!
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When making this pirate hat, your children will have the chance to practice and develop some skills such as:
- Cutting Skills – if you feel they’re ready, you can let them have a go at cutting out the pieces all by themselves – they’ll need to be careful and have good scissor control if they want to cut out the headband neatly
- Pencil Control – if you print off the black and white version they can practice their pencil control and develop hand strength through coloring.
And when they’re done, they’ll also be able to use their imagination, story telling and social / communication skills when going on magical adventures with friends and family!
How To Prepare This Pirate Hat
First you’re going to want to download the templates by clicking on the download button at the bottom of the page – I’ve made a color and a black and white version.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member and get access to all the awesome activities today.
Other Materials You’ll Need:
- Safety scissors
- Card stock or craft paper
- Some good glue or a stapler
- Some coloring pencils or pens / other artsy materials for decorating
Once you’ve downloaded the templates, you’ll need to print them off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut them out. Or if you’d like your children to get some cutting practice, you can let them have a go.
Then you simply need to cut the bands to the right size.
Then either stick or staple them into a loop to fit your child’s head.
There’s also a plain pirate headband template:
So your little learners can decorate their headband just as they’d like it.