Here is a great Halloween activity for you little ones to make – some printable Halloween characters that they can decorate, cut out and put together at home.
Who knows what weird and wonderful creations they will come up with. A robot vampire with purple wings? A zombie witch with a pirate’s hook? It’s really up to them!
Not only are these mix and match Halloween characters a great way for them to express their creativity – they are also brilliant for developing many of their flourishing skills:
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When designing and playing with these printable Halloween characters, your children will have the chance to practice and develop some skills such as:
- Cutting Skills – if you feel they’re ready, you can let them have a go at cutting out the pieces all by themselves – they’ll need to be careful and have good scissor control if they want to cut out the pieces neatly
- Fine Motor Skills – when they’re sticking and picking up and moving the parts and placing them where they need to go
- Body Knowledge – I know we don’t all have giant orange heads or big grey bushy beards but a lot of the parts of the characters are the same
- Pencil Control – if you print off the black and white Halloween character templates they can practice their pencil control and develop hand strength through coloring.
These simple Halloween crafts will also give them a chance to practice their concentration and perseverance skills as they may find it tricky to place the pieces exactly where they want them to go (I know I did at times).
Some printable Halloween Characters:
There’s lots of Halloween characters for you to print off – click on the pictures to learn more:
Can your little ones create their very own Frankenstein’s Monster?
Brains, brains…. Play helps develop your children’s brains!
Vampires don’t have to be scary – this one’s rather cute!
Everyone loves cute fling monsters, right?!
Let them take on the role of a robotics engineer and design their own robot!
Oooh arr me hearties – be careful with that hook!
It’s witchcraft – or should that be it’s a witch craft?
I’m sure they’ll have this one all wrapped up in no time!
You children will need to harness all their magical powers to make this one!
He’s got an actual pumpkin for a head – can you believe it?
How To Prepare These Printable Halloween Characters
First you’re going to want to click through to any you’re interested in, then download the templates by clicking on the download boxes at the bottom of the page – I’ve made a color and a black and white versions of all of them!
Other materials you’ll need:
- Safety scissors
- Card stock or Craft paper
- Some good glue
- Some coloring pencils or pens
Once you’ve downloaded the templates, you’ll need to print them off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut them out. Or if you’d like your children to get some cutting practice, you can let them have a go.
After that, you can let your little ones decorate them if you printed off the plain templates – whack out the pencils, paints, collage or whatever else you think of. When they’re happy with their monsters it’s time to play – see what spooktacular creatures they can create!