Here’s another Easter themed printable for you and your little ones. This one is a colorful Easter egg matching game.
Although it may seem like just a fun matching game to pass some time, matching games are actually a great way for children to improve their visual discrimination skills. This is the ability to be able to tell the difference between different shapes, objects or symbols.
And this skill is an extremely important one when it comes to being able to read. When you think about it, the basis of letter recognition is being able to tell different letters apart from each other and remembering what their shapes look like.
They’ll also be able to get better at noticing patterns. Patterns can help children understand the world around them, how things change over time, and begin to make predictions.
There’s 20 different egg cards in this hands-on Easter game and they’re super easy to prep!
If your little ones love Easter and are after even more Easter printables, you can find some here!
What Skills Can Your Little Ones Learn?
For a simple matching game, there’s actually quite a lot of skills that can be learnt and practiced!
With this Easter egg matching game your little ones can develop:
- Visual Discrimination skills– the ability to notice differences between objects and symbols. Your kids will have to look closely at the shapes, patterns and colors to make the correct pairings!
- Fine motor skills – as they’ll need to be able to pick up the halves, and hand-eye coordination and hand control as they ensure they are placing them next to the correct half
- Speech and language skills – If you make sure you are getting them to talk about what they can see when they are matching. It’s a good chance to get them to describe what they can see. What shapes can you see? Do you know anything else that’s that shape?
- Shape and pattern – shape and pattern recognition are important early math skills.
- Patience and persistence – They’ll have to carry on even if they find it tricky at first.
Who’d have thought such a simple game can help your children develop so many skills – that’s the power of play!
How To Prepare This Printable Easter Egg Matching Game
Firstly, you’ll need to download the game by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member today and get INSTANT access to all the awesome activities!
Then, print them out on to paper or card.
Next, cut the cards out carefully and cut them vertically in half down the dotted line.
There’s 20 beautiful eggs to match!
I’d advise laminating the halves after as it will keep them nice if you want to use them again.
Now you’re all set and ready to get matching!
I hope you and your little ones have a wonderful Easter!