If your little learners just can’t wait for Christmas, then they’ll love this quick and easy Christmas tree cone craft!
There’s a color template and a black and white one included in the pack so they choose the colors and add some more details if they wish!
After more printable crafts? Then your little ones may love this 3D Christmas pack – there’s Santa and Rudolph to make as well as some cute little presents!
Or you may want to check out these other simple cut and paste crafts!
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When making this simple Christmas tree craft, your children will have the chance to practice and develop some skills such as:
- Cutting Skills – if you feel they’re ready, you can let them have a go at cutting out the pieces all by themselves – they’ll need to be careful and have good scissor control if they want to cut out the pieces neatly
- Fine Motor Skills – when they’re sticking and picking up and moving the parts and placing them where they need to go
- Pencil Control – if you print off the black and white version they can practice their pencil control and develop hand strength through coloring.
This craft will also give them a chance to practice their concentration and perseverance skills as they may find it tricky to place the pieces exactly where they want them to go.
How To Prepare This Christmas Tree Cone Craft
First you’re going to want to download the festive templates by clicking on the download button at the bottom of the page – I’ve made a color and a black and white version.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Sign up today and get INSTANT access to our ENTIRE printable library of crafts and activities!
Other materials you’ll need:
- Safety scissors
- Card stock or Craft paper
- Some good glue
- Some coloring pencils or pens or other artsy materials
Once you’ve downloaded the templates, you’ll need to print them off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut them out. Or if you’d like your children to get some cutting practice, you can let them have a go.
Then they’ll need to:
- Fold the Christmas tree into a cone and stick it together using the white tab
- Stick the star onto the top
Told you it was easy!
Let your kids practice their cutting and sticking skills in a fun and festive way.
And Don’t Forget… There’s Also Black And White Christmas Tree Templates!
I’ve also made black and white versions which would be an awesome way for your little ones to practice their coloring skills and personalize their creations in their own way!
So why not crack out the pens, crayons, paints or collage (or all of them if you’re feeling adventurous) and let your kids get creative!
I’d love to hear how they get on and merry Christmas!