This bat counting game is a spooky little math activity for your little learners this Halloween. Can your little ones correctly add the right amount of bats to the spooky woodland?
This math game is pretty easy to prep (there’s just 10 number moons and 10 bat tokens to cut out) but can really help your children develop those important counting, number sense and number recognition skills.
And as we know, children love to count! It’s one of the main preschool math skills and an essential skill for them to develop!
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When playing this Halloween counting game, your children will have the chance to practice and develop skills such as:
- Counting skills – they’ll have to count the bats carefully to ensure they are adding the correct amount to the woods
- Number recognition – they’ll need to be able to recognize the numbers on the moons
- One to one correspondence – this important skill (trickier than you may think) is the ability to only touch and count an object of a set once
- Fine motor skills – they will have to use a good pincer grip to pick up and move the bats
- Hand-eye coordination – to ensure they can move and place the moon and the bats on the right spot
How To Prepare This Spooky Bat Counting Game
This one’s pretty straight forward!
First you’re going to want to download the game by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member today and get INSTANT access to all the awesome activities!
Once you’ve downloaded them, you’ll need to print the pages off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut them out.
There’s a base sheet with the spooky woods, then 10 moons with the numbers 1-10 and ten swooping bat tokens.
Once they’re all cut out, I’d strongly advise laminating them to keep them looking nice and so your little ones can play the game again.
After that you’re all done!
Your children are ready to start counting the bats on this kindergarten Halloween math game.
If you want some more spooky fun, you can check out loads more Halloween activities here!