Fancy doing some apple crafts with your little ones? Then these printable apple templates could be just what you’re looking for.
These templates are like blank outlines which you can cut out if you wish and use as the base for loads of crafts or just as coloring pages.
It’s up to you what you decide to do with them but there’s a few ideas below.
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
Which skills your little ones will develop depends largely on how you plan to use this apple template. Here’s a few that they could improve if you decide to get all crafty with them:
- Cutting Skills – if you feel they’re ready, you can let them have a go at cutting out the template all by themselves – they’ll need to be careful and have good scissor control if they want to cut out the template neatly
- Fine Motor Skills – if they’re going to use the apple template as a base for a collage, they’ll need to use their pincer grip to pick up the pieces and carefully put them where they want them to go
- Creativity – as the template is basically a blank canvas, your children will have a lot of space to exercise their creativity and decide how they want to personalize it
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Pencil Control – they can practice their pencil control and develop hand strength through coloring this template in
This apple template will also give them a chance to practice their concentration and perseverance skills as they may find it tricky to make their creation look exactly as they want it to and may be practicing skills they are not completely confident with.
How To Prepare These Printable Apple Templates
First you’re going to want to download the templates by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
There’s 3 different sizes included in the pack (1,2 and 4 to a page).
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member and get access to all the awesome activities today.
Materials you May need:
- Safety scissors
- Card Stock or Craft Paper
- Some coloring pencils or pens
Once you’ve downloaded the templates, choose which sizes you need and print them off onto paper or card depending on what you plan on using it for.
After that you’re all done!
Let your children’s creativity run wild!
A Couple Ideas For The Apple Template to Get The Creative Juices Flowing
I expect you already have an idea how you’d like to use this template, but why stop at just one idea? You can print out as many copies as you like so here’s a few extra ideas:
You can obviously just give your kids the template and let them use it as a coloring page.
It’s good to just let them experiment sometimes and marvel at what they can create.
Sometimes though, it might be nice to give them a few ideas. Can they make their apple spotty? How about stripy or patchwork?
So now they’ve colored it in, how about adding in their own background? Maybe have a look at some farm scenes in a book or online for inspiration and to teach them some researching skills.
Or forget the pencils and crayons altogether and crack out the paints and let them practice brush control while carefully painting the apple. You can make some really nice backgrounds by mixing a few water colors.
They could obviously also use the apple outline as the base for crafts.
They’d be great to do some collaging with. Just rip up some tissue or colored paper, get out the glue and get sticking.
Get them to go outside and scavenge some natural materials. Sticks, grass and leaves could all be used to make an awesome background!
There’s so much you could do with this template so let your little learners get creative (maybe a little messy) and have fun!
You could also use the printable apple templates as a base for a greeting card – decorate the front and write on the back or print it out twice and stick them together to create a card which stands up.
Whatever you do with them, have fun – I’ll always love to hear what they create in the comments below!