And if your little learners would also like to practice writing the letters, you can find letter tracing worksheets here.
What Skills Can Your Little Ones Learn And Develop?
This number tracing printable is designed to help your children practice and develop their prewriting skills, such as:
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Number formation – understanding what the numbers look like and how to form them
- Number sense – the ability to visualize numbers and understand relationships between numbers
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a fluid range of movement
Some of these are vital fine motor skills that will enable them to become great writers in the future!
RELATED Playdough can also be a great way to improve hand strength – you can check out an easy no cook recipe here!
How To Prepare These Number Tracing Worksheets
First you’re going to want to download the number tracing pages by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Then print them off.
Not yet a member yet – what are you waiting for? Sign up today for instant access to all the awesome activities!
That’s pretty much it for this one – just print them off, grab some pencils, pens or crayons and they’re good to go! Their goal is to trace over the numbers as carefully as possible, then practice writing them freehand and when they’re done, they can color in the pictures.
Gently encourage them if they find it a little tricky at first – learning all these new skills takes time!
If you want your children to be able to use these number tracing worksheets again and again, then laminating them and using a white board pen would be a great idea (whiteboard pens are also a little chunkier so can be easier for them to hold). Practice makes perfect!