Here’s a weather themed printable for your little ones – a super cute lightning cutting worksheet. Can they carefully cut along the flashing lightning?
This cutting practice sheet is a perfect way for preschoolers to practice their scissor skills – and when they’re done, they can color in the cute cloud!
If you fancy some crafty cutting practice you may want to check out these awesome cut and paste crafts.
What Skills Can Your Little Ones Learn And Develop?
This lighting cutting practice worksheet is designed to help your children practice and develop some early skills, such as:
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and use their hands to get the scissors to go where they want them to
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to use the scissors effectively
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Scissor control – holding the scissors correctly to allow for a fluid range of movement
- Pencil skills – if they color the sheet in as well
RELATED Playdough can also be a great way to improve hand strength – you can check out an easy no cook recipe here!
How To Prepare The Lightning Cutting Worksheet
First you’re going to want to download the cutting practice sheet by clicking on download button at the bottom of the page.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member today and get instant access to all the awesome activities.
Then print it off!
That’s pretty much it for this one – just print it off, grab some scissors and pencils, pens or crayons so they can color it in.
Their goal is to stay as close to the lines as possible.