The sun is shining, the bees are buzzing and the birds are singing – so why not celebrate the wonderful weather with this ice cream number tracing and counting worksheet? It’s a great way for your children to practice their number formation and counting skills.
As well as improving their number formation and counting skills, pencil control and fine motor skills, practicing writing the numbers is also a really great way to strengthen their number recognition skills as well. And as they have the visual representation of the number in the form of the sprinkles on the ice cream – they will also be developing their number sense as they associate the written numeral with the amount of sprinkles.
This activity is super easy to prepare, simply print it off, give them a pencil or some crayons and encourage them to count the sprinkles and carefully trace over the numbers on the ice cream – then when they’ve finished, they get to color them all in!
What Skills Can Your Little Ones Learn And Develop?
This number tracing printable is designed to help your children practice and develop their prewriting skills, such as:
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- One to one correspondence – this important skill (trickier than you may think) is the ability to only touch and count an object of a set once.
- Number formation – understanding what the numbers look like and how to form them
- Counting skills – they’ll have to count the sprinkles carefully
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a fluid range of movement
Many of these are vital fine motor skills that will enable them to become great writers in the future!
RELATED Playdough can also be a great way to improve hand strength – you can check out an easy no cook recipe here!
How To Prepare This Ice Cream Number Tracing and Counting Worksheet
First you’re going to want to download the summer themed worksheet by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Then print it off!
Not yet a member? You can sign up here.
That’s pretty much it for this one – just print them off, grab some pencils, pens or crayons and they’re good to go! Their goal is to count the sprinkles and trace over the numbers as carefully as possible and when they’re done, they can color in the picture.