Here’s a great Halloween counting game to add to your list of Halloween activities for preschoolers.
It’s a cute little number game, which is easy to make and can help your children develop their counting and number recognition skills.
And let’s face it, children love to count! It’s one of the main preschool math skills and an essential skill for them to develop!
So why not grab this cute monster counting game and help nurture their little mathematical minds?
Can your children carefully count the monsters and match them to the half with the correct number? Only one way to find out!
Here’s some more Halloween themed printables you may want to check out:
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When playing this Halloween Counting game, your children will have the chance to practice and develop some early math skills such as:
- Counting skills – they’ll have to count the monsters carefully to ensure they are matching the correct halves
- Number recognition – they’ll need to be able to recognize the numbers to match them up correctly
- One to one correspondence – this important skill (trickier than you may think) is the ability to only touch and count an object of a set once
- Fine motor skills – they will have to use a good pincer grip to pick up the cards
- Hand-eye coordination – to ensure they can move and line the two halves of the cards together
The game contains 10 number card halves and 10 halves with different monsters on.
How To Prepare This Halloween Counting Game
This one’s pretty straight forward!
First you’re going to want to download the game by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Once you’ve downloaded them, you’ll need to print them off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut them out.
After that you’re all done!
Your children are ready to start carefully counting the monsters and matching them to the correct number halves!
Now your kids can practice their math skills in a fun cute Halloween way!
I hope your children enjoy practicing counting with this game – be sure to check back in for more educational and engaging printables.
If you want to make sure you don’t miss any, you can turn on notifications by clicking on the little bell in the bottom right corner.
Grab the Halloween Counting Game
Click below to download this monster math activity:
You can also check out the other printables that are already available here.
If you and your little learners enjoyed this activity (or any of my other printables) then please leave a comment, spread the word and share using the buttons below!
Until next time,
Let’s nurture those neurons!