These cute Halloween count and clip cards are a simply way to help practice and develop those early counting skills.
And let’s face it, children love to count – it’s just so natural to want to quantify and make sense of the world around them. And it’s one of the main preschool math skills and an essential skill for them to develop.
Not only do they get to practice counting and number recognition, the squeezing of clothespins are also a wonderful way to develop their fine motor skills (and maybe to get in a bit of practice for helping to hang out the washing!)
These clip cards are also very simple to prepare, just print off, cut out (and laminate if you want) then spread out on a table with some clothespins – done!
So why not grab these counting clip cards and help nurture their little mathematical minds?
Here’s some other printable math activities you may want to check out:
- Count the Baby Dinos
- Count the Raindrops
- Catch and Count the Flies
- Spring Flower Counting Game
- Fish Counting Playdough Mats
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
While using these Halloween count and clip cards your children will have the chance to practice and develop some early math skills such as:
- Counting skills – they’ll have to count the Halloween characters carefully to ensure they clip the clothespin on to the correct number
- Number recognition – they’ll need to be able to recognize the numbers to make sure they are clipping the right one
- One to one correspondence – this important skill (trickier than you may think) is the ability to only touch and count an object of a set once
- Fine motor skills – they will have to be able to pick up and squeeze the pegs and align it it with the correct number whilst holding the card
- Hand Strength – squeezing those pegs is great for developing hand and finger strength
How To Prepare These Halloween Clip Cards
This one’s pretty straight forward!
First you’re going to want to download the clip cards by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member and get access to all the awesome activities today.
Once you’ve downloaded them, you’ll need to print them off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut them out.
Once they’re all cut out, I’d strongly advise laminating them to keep them looking nice and so your little learners can use them again and so they are strong enough for the pegs to clip to without ripping them.
After that you’re all done!
Just grab some pegs, spread the cards out on a table and see if your children can carefully count the monsters then clip a clothespin onto the correct number!