If your little learners love the nursery rhyme, they’re bound to enjoy this 5 Little Speckled Frogs number sequencing puzzle! Can your children use their knowledge of number order to help put them all back on the log?
This game is easy to prepare (just print off and cut up) and can help your children develop those important number recognition and sequencing skills.
So why not grab this lovely little number puzzle and help nurture their little mathematical minds?
If you’re looking for ways to also help improve your little learner’s counting skills you may also want to check out these cool printable counting activities.
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
- Number recognition – the ability to recognize a number in its written form
- Number Sequencing – the ability to understand the sequence of numbers, and be able to put them in the correct order
- Fine motor skills – they will have to use a good pincer grip to pick up the puzzle pieces and place them in the right place
- Hand-eye coordination – to ensure they can move and line up the pieces
- Cutting and sticking – if you let them have a go at cutting them out and sticking the pieces to a blank piece of paper to make the puzzle
How To Prepare This 5 Little Speckled Frogs Number Ordering Puzzle
This one’s pretty straight forward!
First you’re going to want to download the puzzle by clicking on the button at the bottom of the page.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member today and get INSTANT access to all the awesome activities!
Once you’ve downloaded it, you’ll need to print it off onto paper or card.
Then you can cut out the strips (or let your little ones have a go!). There’s 5 strips for the numbers 1-5. Then just jumble them up and see if your children can put those little froggies back together again.
You could always get a plain piece of paper and get them to stick them on to that (a good way to practice those gluing skills).
After that you’re all done!
Your children are ready to start developing their number recognition and ordering skills.