Here’s a cute fish counting worksheet 1-10, perfect for all the little learners that love sea animals!
Your little ones will need to carefully count the fish, then use their number formation skills to write the correct amount in the shark’s bubble.
And let’s face it, children love to count! It’s one of the main preschool math skills and an essential skill for them to develop!
So why not grab this cute count and write worksheet and help nurture their little mathematical minds?
What Skills Can Your Little Ones Learn And Develop?
This fish counting worksheet is designed to help your children practice and develop their prewriting skills, such as:
- One to one correspondence – this important skill (trickier than you may think) is the ability to only touch and count an object of a set once.
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Number formation – understanding what the numbers look like and how to form them
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a fluid range of movement
Some of these are vital fine motor skills that will enable them to become great writers in the future!
RELATED Playdough can also be a great way to improve hand strength – you can check out an easy no cook recipe here!
How To Prepare This Fish Counting Worksheet
First you’re going to want to download the worksheet by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Then print it off!
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member today and get INSTANT access to all the awesome activities!
That’s pretty much it for this one – just print them off, grab some pencils, pens or crayons and they’re good to go! Their goal is to carefully count the fish and write the correct amounts in the bubbles.
Gently encourage them if they find it a little tricky at first – learning all these new skills takes time!