Here’s a ‘jawsome’ shark counting game for all those shark fans out there to add to your collection of math activities.
Your little learners will need to be able to recognize the numbers in the shark’s bubble then carefully count the fish to match the correct cards.
And let’s face it, children love to count! It’s one of the main preschool math skills and an essential skill for them to develop!
This hands-on math game is easy to prepare and can help your children develop those important counting and number recognition skills.
So why not grab this shark counting game and help nurture their little mathematical minds?
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When playing this fun shark game, your children will have the chance to practice and develop skills such as:
- Counting skills – they’ll have to count the fish carefully to ensure they are giving the sharks the right amount
- Number recognition – they’ll need to be able to recognize the numbers to match them up correctly
- One to one correspondence – this important skill (trickier than you may think) is the ability to only touch and count an object of a set once
- Fine motor skills – they will have to use a good pincer grip to pick up the cards
- Hand-eye coordination – to ensure they can move and place the cards together
How To Prepare This Shark Counting Game
This one’s pretty straight forward!
First you’re going to want to download the game by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member today and get INSTANT access to all the awesome activities!
Once you’ve downloaded them, you’ll need to print the pages off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut them out.
Once they’re all cut out, I’d strongly advise laminating them to keep them looking nice and so your little ones can play the game again.
After that you’re all done!
Your children are ready to start helping those hungry sharks get fed and practicing some key early math skills while their at it!