If your little ones love visits to the farm and learning all about the animals that live there, then there’s a good chance they’ll enjoy making some of these awesome farmyard crafts.
These simple cut and paste crafts are great fun and are a lovely chance for your children to practice their cutting and fine motor skills and embrace their creativity!
There’s 8 farm animals in the pack at the moment (plus a bonus cat and dog), and I’ve included both color and black and white templates for each.
So who’s ready for some crafty fun down on the farm?
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When designing and putting together these farmyard crafts, your children will have the chance to practice and develop some skills such as:
- Cutting Skills – if you feel they’re ready, you can let them have a go at cutting out the pieces all by themselves – they’ll need to be careful and have good scissor control if they want to cut out the pieces neatly
- Fine Motor Skills – when they’re sticking and picking up and moving the parts and placing them where they need to go
- Pencil Control – if you print off the plain farm animal templates they can practice their pencil control and develop hand strength through coloring
- Animal Knowledge – they’ll get to learn about which animals can be found on the farm and learn about the animals’ different body parts as well
These simple farmyard crafts will also give them a chance to practice their concentration and perseverance skills as they may find it tricky to place the pieces exactly where they want them to go (I know I did at times).
How to Prepare these Farmyard Crafts
First you’re going to want to click on any of the pictures below that your little learners are interested in, then download the templates by clicking on the download boxes at the bottom of the page.
There’s Also Black and White Templates for these Farmyard Crafts
As well as the pre-colored templates, there’s also plain ones for your little learners to color and decorate as they wish!
Let their creativity soar – there’s nothing wrong with pink sheep and blue goats if that’s what they fancy!
Other materials you’ll need:
- Safety scissors
- Card stock or Craft paper
- Some good glue
- Some coloring pencils or pens
Once you’ve downloaded the templates, you’ll need to print them off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut them out. Or if you’d like your children to get some cutting practice, let them have a go.
After that, if you printed off the plain templates, your little ones can decorate them – whack out the pencils, paints, collage or whatever else you think of. Let those creative juices flow!
Then just stick the pieces together, or stick them down onto a piece of paper.
And I’ve also Included Cat and Dog Crafts As Well
Because what farm would be complete without a friendly cat and dog?
You can click on any of the pictures above if you just want to select a few of the crafts for now, or you want them all, you can click on the button below to download the whole collection!
I hope your children enjoy these simple farmyard crafts!