It’s almost Easter time and you know what that means – eggs! Loads and loads of eggs! Well you can find another four on this Easter line tracing worksheet!
This Easter egg tracing sheet is a great way for your children to practice their prewriting skills – which are vital if they want to become to clear and confident writers!
What Skills Can Your Little Ones Learn And Develop?
This Easter egg tracing printable is designed to help your children practice and develop their prewriting skills, such as:
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Crossing the mid-line – this is the ability to cross the imaginary line running down the center of your body – it means they wont have to switch hands if they want to write on the other side of the page
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a fluid range of movement
These are all vital fine motor skills that will enable them to become great writers in the future!
RELATED Playdough can also be a great way to improve hand strength – you can check out an easy no cook recipe here!
How To Prepare This Easter Line Tracing Worksheet
First you’re going to want to download the Easter egg tracing page by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member and get INSTANT access to all the awesome activities today!
Then print it off!
That’s pretty much it for this one – just print them off, grab some pencils, pens or crayons and they’re good to go! Their goal is to stay as close to the lines as possible and then they can color in their lovely picture.
Gently encourage them to trace from left to right, especially if they find it a little tricky at first – learning all these new skills takes time!
If you want your children to be able to use these Easter tracing worksheets again and again, then laminating them and using a white board pen would be a great idea (whiteboard pens are also a little chunkier so can be easier for them to hold). Practice makes perfect!