Get ready to hop into spring with our latest printable activity – an Easter cutting practice sheet!
With this hands-on activity, your little learners can help out the Easter Bunny by carefully cutting out the Easter eggs and sticking them into the bunny’s big basket.
Not only is this activity a fun way to get into the Easter spirit, but it also helps young children develop their fine motor skills as they work on hand-eye coordination, finger dexterity, and cutting skills. So, let’s get cracking and see how many eggs we can help the Easter bunny collect in his basket!
If you fancy some crafty cutting practice you may want to check out these awesome cut and paste crafts.
What Skills Can Your Little Ones Learn And Develop?
This Easter cutting worksheet is designed to help your children practice and develop some early skills, such as:
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and use their hands to get the scissors to go where they want them to
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to use the scissors effectively
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Scissor control – holding the scissors correctly to allow for a fluid range of movement
- Pencil skills – if they color the sheet in as well
RELATED Playdough can also be a great way to improve hand strength – you can check out an easy no cook recipe here!
How To Prepare The Easter Cutting Worksheet
First you’re going to want to download the cutting practice sheet by clicking on download button at the bottom of the page.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member today and get instant access to all the awesome activities!
I’ve made a color version for some quick cutting practice:
And a black and white one if they want to color the eggs before cutting:
Choose which sheet you want and then print it off!
Once they’ve chosen and cut out some eggs, they can help out the Easter Bunny by sticking them in his basket!
If you print off an extra copy of the basket sheet, they could always draw and decorate some eggs themselves and fill the basket with their own creations.
If you little ones are after more awesome Easter learning, you may want to check out:
- DIY Printable Easter Bunny Masks
- Easter Counting Playdough Mats 1-10
- Easter Bunny Line Tracing Worksheets
- Easter Roll and Color Worksheets