It’s almost Easter and that can mean only one thing -the Easter Bunny is coming! So why not add this Easter Bunny coloring Page to your list of fun Easter Activities?
Your little learners will get to practice hand eye coordination and pencil control as well as express their creativity!
You can check out some more awesome Easter themed printables here.
What Skills Can Your kids Learn When Coloring?
Now you may not think it, but there’s actually quite a lot of skills that can be practiced and developed when your children are happily coloring away.
This Easter bunny coloring page can help your children practice and develop their early writing skills, such as:
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Crossing the mid-line – this is the ability to cross the imaginary line running down the center of your body – it means they won’t have to switch hands if they want to color on the other side of the page
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a full and fluid range of movement
These are all vital skills that will set them up to be brilliant at writing in the future! But let’s not forget:
- Creativity – coloring is a great way to promote a child’s creativity. Will they make their dinosaur spotty or stripy? Will they draw a background? Will there be a story to go along with the dinosaur and will they give their creation a name?
Coloring pages can also be great for children’s focus when they’re trying their hardest to stay in the lines, and I’m sure as anyone out there who’s ever picked up an ‘adult’ coloring book can confirm – they can also be a great way to relax and have a moment of calm.
How To Prepare This Easter Coloring Sheet
First you’re going to want to download the coloring page by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Then print it off!
That’s pretty much it for this one – just print them off, grab some pencils, pens or crayons and they’re good to go! Enjoy!
A few ideas for these Easter Bunny coloring page
You can obviously just give your kids the coloring sheet and let them crack on. It’s good to just let them experiment sometimes and marvel at what they can create.
And now they’ve colored in the bunny and the eggs and they’re looking amazing! How about adding in their own background? Why not draw a lovely meadow in the background complete with some colorful flowers?
Then why not try giving them a blank piece of paper and see if they can use the coloring page as inspiration and make their own Easter scene?
Or forget the pencils and crayons altogether and crack out the paints and let them practice brush control while carefully painting them. You can make some really nice sunset backgrounds by mixing a few water colors.
They could also use the coloring sheet as Easter templates for crafts. They’d be great to do some collaging with. Just rip up some tissue or colored paper, get out the glue and get sticking.
You could also add pompoms, sequins, pipe cleaners, googly eyes etc. Or you could go outside and scavenge some natural materials. Sticks, grass and leaves could all be used to make an awesome background!
There’s so much you could do with them so let them get creative and have fun!
Grab the Easter Bunny Coloring Page
Click below to download this fun Easter activity:
You can also check out the other printables that are already available here.
If you and your little learners enjoyed this game (or any of my other printables) then please spread the word and share using the buttons below!
Until next time,
Let’s nurture those neurons!