I’m quite excited at the moment because I just finished creating some cute dinosaurs that I’m going to share with you in a series of dino printables. The first of which, are these dinosaur-themed line tracing worksheets.
Your little ones will be able to use these tracing worksheets to practice their prewriting skills – which are vital if they want to become to clear and confident writers!
The aim of the game is simple – to help the grown up dinosaurs find their lost eggs.
The only way your little ones will be able to do this is by carefully tracing the lines to connect the dinosaurs with the eggs.
There’s two different sheets – an easier one and a harder one – and they both come in color and black and white versions.
What Skills Can Your Little Ones Learn And Develop?
These trace the line printables are designed to help your children practice and develop their prewriting skills, such as:
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Crossing the mid-line – this is the ability to cross the imaginary line running down the center of your body – it means they wont have to switch hands if they want to write on the other side of the page
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a fluid range of movement
These are all vital skills that will enable them to become great writers in the future!
RELATED Playdough can also be a great way to improve hand strength – you can check out an easy no cook recipe here!
How To Prepare These Dinosaur Line Tracing Worksheets
First you need to download them by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
There’s also a a black and white one if you want to save a little ink.
That’s pretty much it for this one – just need to grab some pencils, pens or crayons and they’re good to go! Their goal is to stay as close to the lines as possible.
Gently encourage them if they find it a little tricky at first – learning all these new skills takes time!
Thanks for sharing!! My little one will love this. He is obsessed with dinosaurs and if he will be developing its an added bonus!
Glad he’s going to like it!
I’m going to be making some more dinosaur themed printables so hopefully he’ll enjoy them as well. If there’s anything you think he’d particularly like let me know and I’ll see if I can make it…
Love this! Can’t wait to print this for my little one!
Thank u so much for sharing ❤❤My son loves them.He loves the Themes used.
That’s great to hear! Thanks for letting me know – I always love to hear that the printables are being put to good use.
If he loves dinos (and who doesn’t?) you can check out loads of more dinosaur themed activities here.
Keep up the great learning!