I’m quite excited at the moment because I just finished creating some cute dinosaurs that I’m going to share with you in a series of free educational printables. The first of which, are these dinosaur-themed trace the line printables.
Your little ones will be able to use these prewriting worksheets to practice their prewriting skills – which are vital if they want to become to clear and confident writers!
The aim of the game is simple – to help the grown up dinosaurs find their lost eggs.
The only way your little ones will be able to do this is by carefully tracing the lines to connect the dinosaurs with the eggs.
You may also want to check out and download these other fun and free printables:
- Beginning Sounds Flash Cards
- Free Road Letters – For Developing Pre-Writing Skills
- Rainbow Number Bonds To Ten Cards And Game
- Fish Counting Playdough Mats
If you’re ever unsure about a word that I or your kid’s teachers use you may want to check out (and download a free copy of) my helpful parent’s guide to the words teachers say.
What Skills Can Your Little Ones Learn And Develop?
These trace the line Printables are designed to help your children practice and develop their prewriting skills, such as:
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Crossing the mid-line – this is the ability to cross the imaginary line running down the center of your body – it means they wont have to switch hands if they want to write on the other side of the page
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a fluid range of movement
These are all vital skills that will enable them to become great writers in the future!
RELATED Playdough can also be a great way to improve hand strength – you can check out an easy no cook recipe here!
How To Prepare These Dinosaur Trace The Line Printables
First you need to download them by clicking on the image below:
There’s also a a black and white one if you want to save a little ink.
You can see in the image above that the one on the right is a little easier – so you may want them to try that one first.
That’s pretty much it for this one – just need to grab some pencils, pens or crayons and they’re good to go! Their goal is to stay as close to the lines as possible.
Gently encourage them if they find it a little tricky at first – learning all these new skills takes time!
Well, there’s another free educational printable for you that I hope you and your children find useful. Be sure to check back regularly as I’ll be using more dinosaurs in future free printables. If you want to make sure you don’t miss any you can turn on notifications by clicking on the little bell to the right.
You can also check out the other free printables that are already available here.
If you like these dinosaur preschool worksheets then please share using the buttons below!
Until next time,
Let’s nurture those neurons!