Here’s another dinosaur themed printable for you all. This one is some dinosaur finger puppet templates which your children can customize and use as the base for some lovely dinosaur crafts.
What’s that coming over the hill? Is it a monster? Oh no – it’s just your little one’s fingers being some Tyrannosaurus Rex legs!
There’s 12 templates included in total. 6 that are already colored and 6 that are black and white so would be perfect for your kids to color, paint or collage!
The dinosaurs in this pack are:
- Tyrannosaurus Rex
This dino craft can be great for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners because it’s so simple to do!
It would also be an awesome dinosaur activity if your kids are having a dinosaur themed party!
Other free dinosaur printable activities you may want to check out:
- Dinosaur Trace The Lines Writing Practice
- Cute Dinosaur Color Matching Game
- Dinosaur Letter Matching Game
- Baby Dinosaur Counting Game
- Dinosaur Coloring Pages
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When making these dinosaur finger puppets, your children will have the chance to practice and develop some skills such as:
- Cutting Skills – if you feel they’re ready, you can let them have a go at cutting out the pieces all by themselves – they’ll need to be careful and have good scissor control if they want to cut out the pieces neatly (you’ll probably need to help them with the finger holes though)
- Sticking Skills – learning to use the right amount of glue – not too much and not too little – to get the job done
- Fine Motor Skills – when they’re cutting, sticking and moving the dinosaurs
- Pencil Control – if you print off the black and white templates they can practice their pencil control and develop hand strength through coloring.
- Creativity – if you use the black and white templates, your children will also have the chance to think creatively to make the most wonderful dinosaurs they can. Will their dinosaur be spotty or stripy? Will they go all out multicolored or stick to a few carefully selected colors? Will there be a story to go along with the dinosaur and will they give their creation a name?
These dinosaur finger puppet templates will also give them a chance to practice their concentration and perseverance skills as they neatly cut and color the dinosaur templates.
How To Prepare These dinosaur Finger Puppet templates?
First you’re going to want to download the free dinosaur finger puppet templates by clicking on the image below – I’ve made color and a black and white versions!
Disclosure: Please bear in mind that as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you – this helps with running costs and makes this site possible.Thank you.
Other materials you’ll need:
- Safety scissors
- Card stock or craft paper
- Colored tissue paper
- The dinosaur finger puppet templates
Once you’ve downloaded the dinosaur templates, you’ll need to print them off onto card (I’d recommend 220 gsm as a minimum).
Then you can cut them out. Or if you’d like your children to get some cutting practice, you can let them have a go.
You’ll almost certainly need to help them cut out the finger holes as they can be pretty tricky to do though.
If you’re using the color templates that’s it – they are ready to play with them. You may however want to laminate them to ensure they stay nice and can be played with again in the future.
If you don’t have a laminator at home here’s an affordable and reliable one (definitely worth investing in if you plan to make a lot of printables!):
But Wait… There’s Also Black And White Dinosaur Finger Puppet Templates
This is where the real creativity comes in.
You’re children will now have the chance to create a dinosaur just how they want it!
You could just crack out the pens or crayons and let them color it. Or let them get messy with paints.
But why not add some other crafting materials into the mix?
They want a sparkly magical dinosaur – add some glitter!
They want a bumpy, lumpy dinosaur – why not screw up some colored tissue paper and stick that on – give that dino some texture!
A silly dinosaur – stick on some googly eyes and use some construction paper for a tongue?
I’m sure your little ones will come up with some awesome ideas if you provide them with a range of materials to play with (if they do I’d love you to send some pics of their creations which I could feature in a gallery).
How About a Backdrop?
So now they’ve created a few amazing dinos but why not take their play even further and create a wonderful dinosaur world for them to play in?
Head outside with them and scavenge some wild materials. Get some leaves, sticks, pebbles, grass etc. and they can stick them onto some card – paint in a few volcanoes and *hey presto* – DINO WORLD!
Now they can really play!
I hope your children enjoy creating with these dinosaur finger puppet templates – be sure to check back in for more educational and free printables.
Until next time,
Let’s nurture those neurons!
If your little ones enjoyed these please share the love by sharing the post. And if you have any feedback or anything that you would like me to try to create give me a shout out in the comments below. Thanks!