Here’s another Superhero Activity for your little learners, 4 design your own superhero mask templates – time to save the day!
These superhero crafts are great for developing your child’s creativity and cutting skills.
And a super thing about these types of crafts is not only are they great fun to make and your children can practice lots of skills when doing so, but then they have a toy they can play with at the end – and play is just such a great way for children to learn!
Your little heroes may also enjoy:
- Design Your Own Superhero Cape
- 7 Printable Superhero Masks
- Superhero Line Tracing worksheets
- Build A Superhero Craft
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
With these superhero mask templates, your little learners have the chance to practice and develop:
- Fine Motor Skills – if they’re going to collage the masks, they’ll need to use their pincer grip to pick up the pieces and carefully put them where they want them to go
- Creativity – as the template is basically a blank canvas, your children will have a lot of space to exercise their creativity and decide how they want to personalize it
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Pencil Control – they can practice their pencil control and develop hand strength through coloring this template in
- Cutting Skills – if you feel they’re ready, you can let them have a go at cutting it out – they’ll need to be careful and have good scissor control if they want to cut out the template neatly
And when they’re done, they’ll also be able to use their imagination, story telling and social / communication skills when going on adventures with friends and family!
How To Prepare This Design Your Own Superhero Masks
First you’re going to want to download the mask templates by clicking on the download button at the bottom of the page.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member today and get INSTANT access to all the awesome activities!
Other Materials You’ll Need:
- Safety scissors
- Card stock or craft paper
- Some coloring pencils or pens / other artsy materials for decorating
- Some elastic or string to keep them on your little one’s head when they’re saving the world and whatnot
- Or you could add a popsicle stick if you’d like the masks to have a more ‘masked ball’ feel
These masks are fairly simple to make but your little ones will probably need a bit of help if they decide to cut them out and attach the elastic (*always be careful with little ones and string – keep an eye on them to ensure they’re safe while playing*).
Once you’ve downloaded the templates, you’ll need to print them off onto paper or card.
If your children want to go further than just designing the masks and they actually want to wear them (I mean why wouldn’t they?), then the next two steps will probably require some grown-up support:
The first is to carefully cut out the eyes holes.
Then, if you want to add elastic, simply make a couple holes near the edge (either with scissors or a hole punch). It’s a good idea to add a little clear tape on the area you’re making the holes for some added support.
Thread the elastic through the hole and tie a knot on the face side to stop it slipping back through.
Then loop around with enough elastic so it’s not too loose or tight, do the same on the other side and you’re good to go!
Time to save the world!