If your little ones are enjoying designing some summer clothes, here’s another one for them – a design your own shorts worksheet. This activity is not just about having fun, but it’s also a great opportunity to nurture your child’s creativity, develop their fine motor skills, and enhance their decision-making abilities.
These shorts templates, serve as a blank canvas to express their creativity and unique style. They can use colors, shapes, or even add glitter for a little sparkle!
As your little one creates their masterpiece, they’re also refining their fine motor skills, learning about color and design principles, and making decisions about what they like best.
And there’s nothing like creating something yourself to make you feel proud and accomplished. Watch as your child beams with joy showing off their shorts design!
So, are you ready to dive into the world of fashion design with your budding designers? Grab some crayons, colored pencils, or paints, and let’s design the most awesome pair of shorts this summer has ever seen!
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
Which skills your little ones will develop depends largely on how you plan to use this shorts template. Here’s a few that they could improve if you decide to get all crafty with them:
- Fine Motor Skills – if they’re going to collage this pair of shorts, they’ll need to use their pincer grip to pick up the pieces and carefully put them where they want them to go
- Creativity – as the template is basically a blank canvas, your children will have a lot of space to exercise their creativity and decide how they want to personalize it
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Pencil Control – they can practice their pencil control and develop hand strength through coloring this template in
- Cutting Skills – if you feel they’re ready, you can let them have a go at cutting it out – they’ll need to be careful and have good scissor control if they want to cut out the template neatly.
How To Prepare This Design Your Own Summer Shorts Sheet
Pretty simple this one. First you’re going to want to download the shorts template by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member and get INSTANT access to all the awesome activities today.
Once you’ve downloaded it, you’ll need to print it off onto paper or card depending on what you plan on using it for.
After that you’re all done!
Let your children’s creativity run wild!
I hope they come up with some fantastic creations!